Monday, April 19, 2010

Bon Voyage

Have you checked Delhi's new terminal 1D?Its fantastic. Reminds me of the Great Hong Kong Airport. (Thats right. I have been to HK. For a good six hours). Its a good thing I reached three hours early. It gave a lot of time to check out what Delhi had to offer. I must admit Delhi ( & NCR obviously) has shown a lot of signs of improvement (read Bad signs). But later about all that. What I am here to discuss is how I have noticed a weird change in attitude in people (Ok. I am talking about myself) when they come to Airports.

Its not because of the people (Though you'll be able to find every kind possible. Even a sadhu. Especially a sadhu actually. God does invite you to places.) Well its because of the environment. The amenities they provide. Like suppose internet. You must have not checked your email for days but you'll suddenly feel the urge to do so at the Airport. Maybe its because you have to project yourself as an important person who has to keep up with his email every minute. That is why they give us these amenities don't they? How about the cafe's? The prices would be reaching Mt. Everest but NO. We are at the airport. We can afford all this. You'll never buy the paid meals on cheap flights but you'll pay heavily for stale food at the airport. Maybe its something to do with the ambience. You know people are watching and you better be doing something meaningful. You can always see people removing laptops from their hand baggage and waiting in line for the only charging point available.

The best example I would give to prove my point would be myself. I have already spent 200 bucks on crappy food. Paid extra for KFC's hot wings. I have grabbed the only charging point at Costa Coffee (Yo Boy!) and am blogging - something I hadn't done for three months. :)

1 comment: