Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bad Hair Day?


We had just reached Mandu and checked into our 3-star hotel. We were on our Social Studies tour to Indore-Mandu-Maheshwar (Or was it Maheshwari? Its the riverside place which has the famous Saas-Bahu temple). This was when I was in the 9th grade. (I like to use 'grade'. Doesn't it sound better than 9th standard). So I open my stuff and Cyrus raises an eyebrow and asks me "What the heck is that?". "What? These are my hair supplies" (Hair Supplies: I got that phrase from John Stamos from 'Full House'. Cyrus smirked and continued to whatever he was doing.

What? Why can't a guy take care of his hair. So what if I had two combs(narrow teeth, broad teeth), a bottle of hair oil, anti-dandruff shampoo, brylcreem, 2 tubes of hair gel (strong hold, wet look; they didn't have hybrid type in those days) and a portable foldable comb-cum-mirror thing. I am sure everybody carries such stuff (at the same time). Don't you? So I am a little particular about my hair. But I have my reasons. Have you ever had a stupid haircut? The one your parents love to give you. And then you are mocked in school for looking like a buffoon. You can't even get rid of it. Its hair. It takes time to grow. What? I am asking you. Who said I went through this hell. (Sniff!) People come with Rs. 25 haircuts and they mock me because I paid Rs. 150 for mine. (Its a thing with engineering colleges. There's competition in almost everything). I believe in professional treatment. But bah!! What do they know?

Tip: Never apply brylcreem/oil with your palm. Always use your fingers. And never apply only to your hair. Rub it on your scalp. (I got that from John Stamos too. Believe me its effective) Who said TV is bad for kids?

4 comments:

  1. really? do u have a good or a bad hair day? of a major time i have known you ... u must have not used any of those things u carried to ur 9th GRADE trip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. True..I grew over my obsession...Though I still use Brylcreem. Speaking of which in Full House everybody would accuse Stamos of using too much of Brylcreem and he would snap by saying "Its Mousse". I have always wondered what mousse is.

    FYI: I still hate it when people touch my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U really hate it...!!
    and all this i had thought of it the other way...
    and as for hating i thing u hated it most wen ppl used to fiddle with ur....
    u know what.
    ;-P

    ReplyDelete